Monday 5 November 2012

Introductions

So I guess my first post kind of covers itself, seeing as I am new to blogging.  I have been thinking about blogging for a long time, although I have always considered myself far too boring to be worth reading about.  I still think this is the case, but I have a bit of time on my hands now I have finally finished my PhD (something else new I have done this week) and I thought it was time to give it a try even if its only those I force to that end up reading it. 

The other issue I have needed to face is what someone such as myself, without any kind of passion/talent/enthusiam for a particular subject could blog about that people would (possibly) want to read?  My speciality is making catalysts that don't work for the reactions for which they are designed.  That's not something I feel most people want to hear about.  Then suddenly this idea hit me - Diary of a First Timer.

As a person I would definitely describe my key qualities as impatient/excitable/faddy/childlike/want to be good at everything/want what everyone else has.  I have also been lucky enough to come into the company of a fun and diverse group of people through my boyfriend who are into trying new things (we have a first timers 'club') which has introduced me to things I would never have considered trying (firewalking, anyone?).  This in turn has led me to try more hobbies/sports/beauty regimes/diets/products than I care to remember.  After a summer of Olympics, I was a member of a swimming club with my own Olympic dreams (didnt last), Dancing on Ice has persuaded me to take on Ice skating lessons (still persevering, actually).  Twitter - love the idea, I want to be the queen of witty tweets unfortunately I just cannot find the time between my other faddy hobbies and first time events to make the most of it.


But this brings me to my blog plans.  To share with you the latest trends (fads) and hobbies that I have come across, those which I have tried, those which I have stuck with and those which are just plain god damn ridiculous. So enjoy my blog and I leave you now, as first timers need their sleep, with a couple of pictures of things I am seriously coveting at the minute.


Bag £10 Primark.  Like the one in Zara, but 20% of the price.  Going to buy it in black too.


















Watch £100 or so, Fossil.  (thanks Trev) Kinda manly but I love it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment