Sunday 24 February 2013

Zeit für eine andere Stelle, die ich denke...

First and foremost I would like to start with a disclaimer with regards to the title of this post.  I popped my would-like-to-be-German title into Bing translator and got given this in return.  I know that these programs can be a little too literal at times with their translation.  On the other hand, if the title does indeed make sense in German, then I wrote it myself!! :D

The reason I have gone all Germanic in this blog post is that I decided my new thing to learn is going to be learning German.  I have always been interested in language learning.  I will always regret that at Uni I did just Chemistry and not Chemistry with French.  I still have an ok grasp of French, which makes it difficult to decide which level I should pitch my learning of it at should I have decided to continue with my French.  So instead I decided to start afresh with a new language and German was what I went for.  There are a few reasons why I picked German as my language to learn, and obviously language prettiness wasnt one of them.  Reason 1. all my older friends got German as their language and I was devestated when I got French.  They were always singing to each other and speaking in German and I could not join in. They still do it sometimes actually. Well I will have the last laugh when I can join in, and then repeat it all in French also.  Reason 2. I have a few German friends and my boyfriend actually did do Chemistry with German at Uni, so I have several people to ask for help and to make sure I get stuff right.  Reason 3. Germany is fucking cool.  Berlin is definitely one of my top cities I have visited, so why not learn the language I speak there.  Plus, my learners pack is all modern and shit, so I can put the modules on my pod and learn on the go.  I would like to go to a German class, but between ice skating, yoga and running I don't have too much free time for another commitment.  Plus they're expensive and I am a cheapo.  Maybe if I really enjoy it and complete it all before getting bored with it, I will have a bit more time to go to a class and get a real qualification for my CV. 

In other news, I shopped! Not so much for clothes, that is a lie I bought a new top from Topshop.  It's quite nice.  There was a top I wanted for aaaages, it was really pretty. A waterfall back top.  And I tried it on, and it was a good look.  But I didn't buy it.  Then I almost bought it and almost bought it, but didn't.  And then I was ready to buy it, and it was gone.  Talk about devestation.  So I bought an alternative, and while I quite like it, it's just not the same.  But I kept it anyway, and wore it on Sats. I even managed not to spill on it! But it's defo not the same.  I include a picture of the good top in pink (but I am not interested in the pink version and the white one I ended up with.


Some of my other purchses this week have been included in the following photo.  In the interest of my laziness, I have lumped them all into the one photo.  I hope you don't mind.  I don't really care if you do.


Note the teapot/cup combo.  For, let's face it, tea is much better when it is from a pretty set.  Love me a cup and saucer.  Plus, if I use it when learning my German it will become an infinitely prettier process.
I also purchased a tribal-esque necklace and some rings as I am going through a 'must accessorize more' phase.  Lastly (technically I didn't purchase these) my boyfriend brought down some butteries and I was super excited so I wanted to show them off.  Yum!  Tea/butteries/learning German ahoy!

Till next time, where I will hopefully have HD'd by eyebrows and potentially won the lottery or some kind of award or something. Gute Nacht!

No comments:

Post a Comment