Tuesday 5 February 2013

Thank f*** January is over....

Well now the most depressing month of the year is finally over, I am ready to blog again about the latest week of my boring existance.  As far as first timing goes, not the worst week.  I finally managed to get over the fact I couldn't find anyone to go with me and headed to my first yoga class.  I picked a class at the 'Yoga Garden' concentrating on 'Iyengar Yoga', partly because it sounded like a good type for what I was looking for partly because it gave me time to go home and have tea first.  I have to say, I wasn't disappointed.  When I went in, after I got over the initial embarassment of everyone staring at the newbie, I noticed the smell of incense and the dimmed lights and instantly felt more relaxed.  I felt even better when another newbie came in, so I wasn't the only yoga dunce there. The class went really well, I certainly felt my muscles got a good workout.  Think I still feel it when I move certain ways, in fact.  My breathing still needs a bit of work, and I don't get some of the things the teacher tells me.  When I should feel certain bones going certain ways, considering bones don't move.  But hey, I enjoyed it and I want to be bendy so I think I will stick with it.

I went for my first run of the year on Thursday night, not a big run but, seeing as my first 10K of the year is booked for May (which is actually only 3 months away now), it really was about time I made a start.  It was kind of a functional run - I ran down to the cycle path to see if the flooding had disappeared and I could get to work the easy way again (it had).  And to be honest it was more of a run/walk to be fairm but my boyfriend dragged me out and I did a lot better today.  I only had to stop once.

I decided it was time I did myself some clothes shopping, seeing as I haven't bought myself any since roughly October or something. I treated myself to a few Topshop bits and pieces, some of which can stay some of which are going right back.  I have been desperate for a while for some awesome everyday wear flat(ish) ankle boots.  I was thinking of something tough/bikery but I haven't come across anything suitable.  I purchased these - but I hate them.  I don't know if they're terrible or that I just can't pull them off but they look like some kind of 17th Century man shoe.  Not the look I was going for.  So my search will continue.


ARLENE Western Side Zip Boots -
I am keeping this dress however.  It's cute - I have been wearing it with tights and biker boots.  Want to jazz it up a bit as its a bit monochrome currently but a snazzy scarf and a coloured satchel will do the job nicely.

Bouquet Floral Flippy Dress - GOLD


This is about as excited as my first timing week has gotten - I went to Reading for shopping for the first time.  Shithole.  So I won't talk about it anymore.  Got some good stuff coming up though - going to try HD brows see if they can give me the eyebrows I have always dreamed of.  There is an aerial yoga class I want to try on a Sunday afternoon, so I will try and book onto that the next Sunday I am here I think.  I stole this picture from google to give you an idea of what its about.



That will be an absolute lol as I am sure you can imagine.  And I intend to join the local running club, although I chickened out of yoga for long enough.  So who knows when that will happen.

I will leave you now as I have several letters of complaint to write before bed (BA/Newlook BEWARE!!) Ciao for now peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment